Examples of such situations include:
- road work
- winter driving conditions
- poor road surfaces
- a very sporty driving style
- bad weather with reduced visibility
- roads with indistinct or no lane markings
- sharp edges or lines other than the lane's side markings
- when speed-dependent power steering wheel resistance is working at reduced power – e.g. during cooling due to overheating.
The function cannot detect barriers, railings or similar obstacles at the side of the lane.
The function uses the vehicle's camera and radar sensor, which has certain general limitations.