The integrated booster cushion has been specially designed to help safeguard children in the rear seat when used with the vehicle's seat belts.
If using a booster cushion does not result in proper positioning of the shoulder strap, then the child should be placed in a properly secured child restraint. The shoulder belt must never be placed behind the child's back or under the arm.
Only used for children in the weight range 15-36 kg (33-80 lbs) and height range 97-137 cm (38-54 inches).
In Canada: 18 kg (40 lbs) is the minimum weight requirement for a child using booster cushions according to the Canadian regulation CMVSS 213.4
Correct seating position: the seat belt is positioned across the collarbone.
Before driving, make sure that:
- the booster cushion is locked into position
- the head restraint is set to the same height as the child's head, so that, if possible, the entire back of the child's head is covered
- the seat belt is taut, in contact with the child's body and not twisted
- the seat belt is not positioned across the child's throat or below the shoulder
- the lap section of the seat belt is placed low over the child's hips to provide the best protection.
DEATH or SERIOUS INJURY can occur
- Follow all instructions on this child restraint and in the vehicle's owner's manual.
- Make sure the booster cushion is securely locked before the child is seated.
- Only use for children who weigh between 15-36 kg (33-80 lbs) and who are between 97-137 cm (38-54 tum) in height. In Canada: 18 kg (40 lbs) is the minimum weight requirement for a child using booster cushions according to the Canadian regulation CMVSS 213.4
- Use only the vehicle's lap and shoulder belt system when restraining the child in this booster cushion.
- In the event of a collision while the integrated booster cushion was occupied, the entire booster cushion and seat belt must be replaced. The booster cushion should also be replaced if it is badly worn or damaged in any way. This work should be performed by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician only.