Preparations for a long trip
Before a driving holiday or some other type of long journey, it is important to check the car's functions and equipment particularly carefully.
- the engine is working normally and that fuel consumption is normal
- there are no leaks (fuel, oil or other fluid)
- all bulbs are working
- the tyres have sufficient tread depth and pressure
- a warning triangle and high-visibility vest are located in the car - legally required in certain countries
- the wiper blades are in good condition.
It may also be advisable to make sure that the map data in the navigation system* is updated, and to check the regulations for loading and for travelling on a car ferry or train, if appropriate. Note that there may be extra costs abroad for data roaming when the car is online.