Examples of reasons for increased fuel consumption are as follows:
- If the car is equipped with extra equipment that affects the car's weight.
- The driver's driving style.
- If the customer has specified wheels larger than those fitted as standard on the model's basic version then rolling resistance increases.
- High speed results in increased wind resistance.
- Fuel quality, road and traffic conditions, weather and the condition of the car.
A combination of the above-mentioned examples can result in significantly increased consumption.
Consumption is higher and power output lower for fuel with an octane rating of 91 RON.
Extreme weather conditions, driving with a trailer or driving at high altitudes in combination with fuel quality are factors that considerably increase the car's fuel consumption.