Limitations for City Safety in cross traffic
In some cases City Safety may have difficulty helping the driver deal with collision risks due to oncoming cross traffic.
- stability control ESC intervenes in the event of slippery driving conditions
- if the oncoming vehicle is detected too late
- if the oncoming vehicle is obscured by something
- if the oncoming vehicle has headlamps switched off
- if the oncoming vehicle drives in an unpredictable manner, for example, abruptly changes lanes at a late stage.
This function uses the car's camera and radar units, which have certain general limitations.