Locking/unlocking - tailgate
The tailgate can be opened, locked and unlocked in several ways.
The tailgate is held closed by an electrical lock. To open:
- Push down gently on the rubberised pressure plate under the outer handle - the lock is released.
- Lift the outside handle in order to fully open the tailgate.
- Minimal force is required to release the rear hatch lock - just gently press the rubberised panel.
- Do not place the lift force on the rubber panel when opening the rear hatch - lift the handle. Using too much force may damage the electrical contacts on the rubber panel.
Unlocking with the remote control key
The alarm for the tailgate can be disarmed* and the tailgate unlocked on its own by using the remote control key's button.
If the car is equipped with an alarm* then the alarm indicator on the instrument panel is extinguished to show that the alarm is not armed for the whole of the car. The alarm's level and movement sensors and the sensors for opening the tailgate are disconnected.
The doors remain locked and armed.
- The tailgate is unlocked, but remains closed - press lightly on the rubberised pressure plate under the outer handle and lift the tailgate.
If the tailgate is not opened within 2 minutes then it is relocked and the alarm is re-armed.
Unlocking the car from inside
To unlock the tailgate:
Press the lighting panel button (1).
The tailgate is unlocked and can be opened within 2 minutes (if the car is locked from the inside).
Locking with the remote control key
Press the remote control key's button for locking , see Remote control key - functions.
If the car is equipped with an alarm* the alarm indicator on the instrument panel starts to flash, which means that the alarm is armed.