The driver display contains gauges, indicators and indicator and warning symbols. The content of the driver display depends on the car's equipment, settings and which functions are active at that time.
The driver display is available in two versions, 12-inch and 8-inch.
In the event of a fault in the driver display the information on e.g. brakes, airbags or other safety systems may not be shown. In which case, the driver cannot check the status of the car's systems or receive current warnings and information.
If the driver display should extinguish, not illuminate on activation/start or be fully or partially illegible, the car must not be used. You should visit a workshop immediately. Volvo recommends an authorised Volvo workshop.
Driver display, 12-inch
On the left
- Trip meter
- Cruise control and speed limiter information
- Road sign information
In the middle
- Indicator and warning symbols
- Outside temperature gauge
- Messages, in some cases with graphics
- Distance to empty tank
- Distance to empty battery
- Door and seatbelt information
- Charge status
- Media player
- Navigation map
- Voice recognition
On the right
- Tachometer (depending on selected drive mode).
- Fuel gauge
- Battery meter
- Gear shift indicator
- Selected drive mode. Selectable drive modes are Hybrid, Off Road, Save, Pure, Power and AWD
- Hybrid gauge (depending on drive mode selected)
- Instantaneous fuel consumption
- Hybrid battery charge level
- App menu (activated via steering wheel keypad)
Activating the driver display
The driver display is activated as soon as a door is opened, i.e. in ignition position 0. The driver display extinguishes after a while if it is not used. To reactivate it, proceed with one of the following:
- Depress the brake pedal
- Turn the ignition knob to ignition position to I or
- Open one of the doors.
Driver display settings
Some settings for what is shown in the driver display can be set in the app menu; see section "Application menu in the driver display".
The following settings can be made in themenu in the top view of the centre display:
- Driver Display Centre Area. Select what is shown in the background of the driver display (Show no information in background, Show information for current playing media or Show navigation even if no route is set). The 12-inch driver display shows the information in the centre and the 8-inch driver display shows the information in the top right-hand field.
The 8-inch driver display only shows guidance, the map is only shown in the 12-inch driver display. For more information, see the section "Displays and controls for map navigation" and "Map navigation in the driver display"
- Themes. Select a theme (appearance) for the driver display (Glass, Minimalistic, Performance or Chrome Rings).
The system language can be changed in. A change will affect the language in all displays.