Volvo Service Plans
Frequently Asked Questions
- What benefits can I expect to receive from my Volvo Service Plan?
- What are the payment options?
- Is my vehicle eligible for a Volvo Service Plan?
- Are any Volvo vehicles excluded from the Volvo Service Plan?
- What are the servicing requirements?
- How long is the Volvo Service Plan?
- What's included?
- What's not included?
- What does Wear and Tear mean?
- I bought my Volvo some time ago; can I still buy a Volvo Service Plan?
- If a vehicle is covered by a Volvo Service Plan, where do I have to have my vehicle serviced?
- What happens if my estimated annual mileage increases over the figure I provided at Plan purchase?
- How do I arrange for my vehicle to be serviced and use my Volvo Service Payment Plan?
- What happens if I transfer a cherished number to my car?
- What if my final service is due before the final Direct Debit payment?
- What happens after I buy a Volvo Service Plan?
- How do I make a complaint?
- What happens if I miss a Direct Debit payment?
- Can I change the monthly Direct Debit payment date?
- Can I cancel my Volvo Service Plan?
- What happens if I sell my vehicle?
- How can I contact you?
Answers1. What benefits can I expect to receive from my Volvo Service Plan?
-Peace of mind knowing that your servicing costs have been budgeted for
-Peace of mind knowing that your vehicle is being serviced by Volvo-trained Technicians
-Peace of mind knowing your vehicle is being fitted with Volvo Genuine Parts
-Peace of mind that you have benefitted from Volvo Service Promise
2. What are the payment options?
You can choose to pay for your Volvo Service Plan in a one-off lump sum or opt for monthly Direct Debit payments
3. Is my vehicle eligible for a Volvo Service Plan?
A Volvo Service Plan is available for most UK specification Volvo models up to 5 years of age at the inception of the plan
4. Are any Volvo vehicles excluded from the Volvo Service Plan?
Unfortunately, there are no products available for Tourist and Diplomatic (TDS) cars, non UK registered cars, non UK specification cars, left Hand drive, imports, Biofuel and Cars older than 56 months. The on-line quotation web site will provide guidance as to which models this is relevant to. We hope to ensure all models will have a suitable Payment Plan available to them in the near future.
5. What are the servicing requirements?
Volvo servicing is carried out at 12 monthly, 12,500 or 18,000 mile intervals – whichever occurs first. Please refer to your Volvo Service handbook for your specific vehicle requirements
6. How long is the Volvo Service Plan?
There's a choice from 2 years (or 2 services) to a maximum of 6 years (or 10 services) duration and the number of services included depends on your annual mileage. The quickest way to look at the options available is to obtain a quotation.
7. What's included?
Labour and engine oil for all scheduled services is taken care of, along with a wide range of parts (if applicable) including; oil filter, diesel fuel filter and diesel particulate filter), pollen filter, air filter, spark plugs, washer fluid, cambelt, auxiliary belts, and tensioners. Therefore all items associated with the cost of a Volvo scheduled service including the cost of materials, cost of labour and VAT. Plus, only Volvo-trained Technicians will work on your vehicle and will only use Volvo approved lubricants and parts.
Please note you will have to pay for any additional maintenance costs, such as coolant and brake fluid changes and wear and tear items not covered by the offer. Please refer to the full terms and conditions.
8. What's not included?
Anything not included within the official Volvo scheduled servicing for your vehicle, for example, any extra maintenance work or adjustments. Volvo Service Plan does not cover the cost of coolant changes and brake fluid changes or replacing wear and tear items such as brake pads, discs, bulbs, wiper blades, and tyres
9. What does Wear and Tear mean?
It relates to items repaired or replaced which are not part of the Volvo service programme and includes such items as brake pads, brake discs, bulbs, wiper blades and tyres.
10. I bought my Volvo some time ago; can I still buy a Volvo Service Plan?
There is no reason (apart from the standard exclusions) why you cannot take out a Volvo Service Payment Plan. It is designed for new and used vehicles both at time of their purchase and during the ownership period.
11. If a vehicle is covered by a Volvo Service Plan, where do I have to have my vehicle serviced?
A benefit of the Volvo Service Plan is that you are able to use any Authorised Volvo Dealer or Volvo Authorised workshop in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately we are unable to cover the costs of any service outside of the UK.
12. What happens if my estimated annual mileage increases over the figure I provided at Plan purchase?
This may mean that your next scheduled service is due sooner than originally anticipated and may mean your Volvo Service Plan does not contain sufficient funds. If this does happen you'll be able to make a "top-up" payment direct to the Volvo Dealer or Volvo Service Centre. If you believe your mileage will continue to be higher you have the option to cancel your existing plan and purchase a new plan with a higher mileage profile
13. How do I arrange for my vehicle to be serviced and use my Volvo Service Payment Plan?
Just book it directly with your preferred Volvo Dealer or Volvo Service Centre, remembering to let them know you have a Volvo Service Plan. When you're at the Dealership, please provide a copy of your confirmation of cover email. They will undertake the scheduled service and claim the payment directly from us
14. What happens if I transfer a cherished number to my car?
Should you transfer your cherished number to or from your car you should call Volvo Service Plan Administration on 0845 6419718 and speak to one of our customer services team and advise them of the change. However, if we are not notified we can still identify the cover for your car by using the policy number on your confirmation or alternatively we can use the VIN number of your car.
15. What if my final service is due before the final Direct Debit payment?
If your mileage increases and means that you will exceed your current calculated service interval the dealer will advise you of the specific conditions that are applicable to you at the time of your final service. In summary, if you come in for a service before two months of the final Direct Debit payment then the Direct Debit will continue to collect payments until the final payment. If you come in for a service more than two months before the last Direct Debit payment then you will be asked to complete all outstanding payments
16. What happens after I buy a Volvo Service Plan?
Once registered we will issue you with confirmation of your purchase by email. All your vehicle and product details are stated in the confirmation email which confirms your Volvo is eligible for this great value offer. When you go in for a service, all you have to do is state that you have a Volvo Service Plan product. The dealer will then confirm with Volvo that your car is eligible.
17. How do I make a complaint?
We hope you won’t need to make a complaint, but if you’re not happy with the service provided, you should call Volvo Service Payment Plan administration on 0845 6419718. Please quote your vehicle registration numberto ensure your enquiry is dealt with promptly. We’ll do our best to resolve your query straight away.
18. What happens if I miss a Direct Debit payment?
Please contact us as soon as you realise this has happened and we will discuss how you can reinstate your Direct Debit payment
If you aren't able to do this and it results in insufficient funds in your Plan to pay for the due service, you will be asked by the Volvo Authorised Repairer to pay the relevant balance direct to them.
If you're paying by Direct Debit, the first value includes a fee to set-up your Plan over its duration
19. Can I change the monthly Direct Debit payment date?
It's important that your Direct Debit payment dates are kept the same to ensure you collect sufficient funds to pay for services due, so, unfortunately we can't change the date your payment occurs
20. Can I cancel my Volvo Service Plan?
You can cancel your Volvo Service Plan at any time. You will receive either a refund or an invoice taking into account the costs of any services that you have claimed for, any costs fully or partially funded by Volvo Car UK Limited or one of its participating Volvo Dealers or Volvo Service Centres and the initial set-up fee and cancellation / administration fee. This information can be obtained by contacting Volvo Service Plan Administration Services on 0845 6419718 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do wish to cancel your Plan, please contact us either by telephone on 0845 6419718 or email at email@example.com. Your request will be processed within 14 working days.
We may cancel your Volvo Service Plan in the event of non-payment by you of any Direct Debit. If we do cancel your Plan we will inform you of any action. You can then request a refund - please refer to the information above that details how you can do this and the conditions that apply.
21. What happens if I sell my vehicle?
Retail plans are Non-transferable to the new Owner and you should cancel your Volvo Service Plan by following the instructions in the FAQ ‘Can I cancel my Volvo Service Plan’.
Service Plans which have been purchased or supplied as part of a new car sales offer can be transferred to the new owner. However you as the current owner will need to inform Volvo Service Plan Administration of the change of ownership and new owner details.
22. How can I contact you?
Please contact us by:
Telephone: 0845 6419718
Please refer to the terms and conditions detailed on this site for full details about the Volvo Service Payment Plan.