Volvo Car UK is taking the unprecedented step of putting its all-new V40 in direct competition with its class rival, the Mercedes A-Class, in a test drive comparison with a difference.
Under the tag line "Bored of German Techno? Try some Swedish Metal", Volvo is asking customers to challenge their perceptions and test drive both the V40 D2 R-Design and the Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport. After driving the two cars back to back, if the customer still chooses the Mercedes, Volvo will pay the first month's payment*.
Since launch, the all-new Volvo V40 has received many positive media reviews, strong customer feedback and become Volvo's best-selling model in the UK. A five-seat five-door hatchback with three faces, in the form of the standard V40, the V40 R-Design and the V40 Cross Country, it allows drivers to choose the car that suits them.
The V40 Challenge is being targeted at those considering purchasing the Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport and asking them to give the V40 D2 R-Design a test drive. If after test driving both vehicles the customer chooses the Mercedes, Volvo Car UK will pay for the first month's payment*.
Jon Wakefield, sales director for Volvo Car UK said "The all-new V40 has been a roaring success since its introduction and we have such belief in the V40 being a fantastic product that we're being bold enough to put our money where our mouth is. I have no hesitation in telling people what a great car the V40 is, and by getting more and more people to test drive it, I'm sure more and more people will agree with me."
"Some may call us brazen, others may call us bold, but there's no denying that we have such confidence in the V40 that we're prepared to challenge people's opinions and make them consider their options. This campaign is sure to raise a few eye-brows!" says Georgina Williams, head of marketing for Volvo Car UK.
The all-new Volvo V40 was launched in Geneva in 2012 with the R-Design and Cross Country versions launched in Paris in 2012. Up to the end of May, Volvo Car UK have registered 4905 all-new V40s, accounting for just under 36% of all Volvo Car UK sales and successfully taking the place of the C30, S40 and V50.
*Terms and Conditions
"The Challenge" - If you are considering buying the new Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport - Volvo Challenge you to test drive the New Volvo V40 R-Design - if after that test drive you decide to purchase the Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport your participating Volvo Dealer will pay your first month's payment for you. Only applicable to private purchases, offer not available for business purchases. Challenge only applicable on Volvo V40 D2 R Design Vs Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport. Challenge Campaign Period 3rd June to 31st July 2013. The Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport must be customer ordered in the UK between 3rd June and 31st July 2013. The Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport must be UK registered by 30th September 2013. The intention to take the Challenge must be stated when organising your V40 test drive. Your V40 challenge test drive must be recorded by the participating Volvo dealership.
If you decide that you do want to buy the Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport this is the claim Process:
- Any claim can be made only after registration of the Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport
- Any claim can only be made at the Volvo Dealership you took your V40 test drive at
- Any claim must be supported by a copy of a signed Mercedes A-Class A 180 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Sport sold order form dated after the V40 test drive and the sold order form must be dated between 1st June 2013 and 31st July 2013
- Any claim must be supported by a copy of the vehicle V5 document which must be dated between 1st June 2013 and 30th September 2013
- Any claim must be supported by a copy of a Mercedes Finance document with your 1st Months payment on it (Leasing rentals are excluded)
- Any claim for the 1st months payment is limited to a maximum payment of £299
- For any successful claim the payment up to a maximum of £299 will be paid by cheque or bank transfer within 60 days of the claim being agreed and subject to providing the specified proofs
- The Mercedes acceptance fee of £180 payment payable with the first monthly payment, and any payment not solely constituting a repayment of the retail price of the car, shall be excluded from the claim
- At participating UK Volvo dealers only
- All claims must be made by 31st October 2013
- Promoter is Volvo Car UK Limited, Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead, SL6 4FL
- Volvo Car UK and its participating dealers reserve the right to decline a test drive in the Volvo V40 R-Design
- The V40 Challenge promotion may be cancelled or terms & conditions varied at any time at the promoter's discretion, any such changes will be posted to the T&C's at http://www.v40challenge.co.uk/
*Subject to status. Guarantees and indemnities may be required. Examples based on a 36 month non-maintained agreement, an initial payment of 12 monthly rentals, followed by 35 monthly rentals, with a mileage of 10000 miles per annum. When the vehicle is returned at the end of the contract, it must be in good condition and within agreed mileage otherwise further charges will be incurred. Subject to availability at participating dealers for vehicles registered between 1st June 2013 and 31st July 2013, or while stocks last. Not available with other promotions. Volvo Car Leasing Contract Hire is provided by Lex Autolease Ltd, trading as Volvo Car Leasing.