Locking/unlocking - tailgate
The tailgate is held closed by an electrical lock. To open:
- Push down gently on the wider of the two rubberised pressure plates under the outer handle - the lock is released.
- Lift the outside handle in order to fully open the tailgate.
- Minimal force is required to release the rear hatch lock - just gently press the rubberised panel.
- Do not place the lift force on the rubber panel when opening the rear hatch - lift the handle. Using too much force may damage the electrical contacts on the rubber panel.
Unlocking with the remote control key
Using the remote control key button the alarm for the tailgate can be disarmed* and the tailgate unlocked on its own.
The lock indicator on the instrument panel stops flashing in order to show that not all of the car is locked and the alarm's* level and movement sensors and the sensors for opening the tailgate are disconnected.
The doors remain locked and armed.
The tailgate can be opened in two different ways using the remote control key:
One press - The tailgate is unlocked, but remains closed - press lightly on the rubberised pressure plate under the outer handle and lift the tailgate. If the tailgate is not opened within 2 minutes then it is relocked and the alarm is re-armed.
Two presses (within 3 seconds) - The tailgate is unlocked and the lock is disengaged at which point the tailgate opens about a centimetre - lift the outer handle to open. Rain, cold, frost or snow could however prevent the tailgate from disengaging from the lock.
- When the boot lid/tailgate is unlocked with 2 presses from the remote control key or from the car interior, automatic relocking does not take place because the boot lid/tailgate is open - it must be closed manually.
- After the boot lid/tailgate has been closed it is unlocked and the alarm is not armed - relock it and re-arm the alarm with the remote control key's lock button .
Opening the car from inside