Carefully follow the installation instructions supplied with the carriers.
- Load carriers must always be mounted on the aluminium rail.
- Check periodically that the load carriers and load are properly secured. Lash the load securely with retaining straps.
- Distribute the load evenly over the load carriers. Put the heaviest objects at the bottom.
- The size of the area exposed to the wind, and therefore fuel consumption, increase with the size of the load.
- Drive gently. Avoid quick acceleration, heavy braking and hard cornering.
The car's centre of gravity and driving characteristics are altered by roof loads.
For information about the maximum permitted load on the roof, including load carriers and any space box, see Weights.