The puncture repair kit consists of a compressor and a bottle with sealing fluid. The sealing works as a temporary repair. The sealing fluid effectively seals tyres punctured in the tread.
The puncture repair kit has limited capacity to seal tyres which have punctures in the wall. Do not use the puncture repair kit on tyres that have larger slits, cracks or similar damage.
The emergency puncture repair kit is only intended for sealing tyres with a puncture in the tread.
The compressor for temporary emergency puncture repair has been tested and approved by Volvo.
The puncture repair kit is located in the foam block under the floor in the cargo area.
Sealing fluid bottle
Replace the bottle with sealing fluid before the expiration date has passed and after use. Treat the old bottle as environmentally hazardous waste.
The bottle contains 1.2-Ethanol and natural rubber-latex.
- Harmful if ingested.
- Could result in allergic reaction in the event of skin contact.
- Avoid contact with the skin and eyes.
- Store out of the reach of children.
- In the event of skin contact with the sealing fluid, it must be washed off immediately with soap and plenty of water.
- Sealing fluid that makes contact with an eye must be rinsed away immediately with eye wash fluid or with plenty of water. If the discomfort persists then the eye should be examined by a doctor.