3 Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty
When you choose a Volvo, you choose a safe, reliable car that is fun to drive and easy to own. Volvo Cars has a long and rich history of designing and engineering its cars around people. Our approach sets us apart in the automotive industry. Each new Volvo comes with the assurance of a 3 year unlimited kilometre manufacturer’s warranty, commencing from the date of first registration. This warranty will contribute to making your car ownership as safe and comfortable as possible.
We are confident that our cars, which are among the world’s safest, are also built to last. However, any unforeseen manufacturing issues with the car that are covered by the factory warranty will, of course, be promptly remedied free of charge, by Volvo-trained technicians using Volvo Genuine Parts.
This peace of mind is at the heart of our warranty. Volvo is willing to stand behind their products to keep the owner safe and get them back on the road as quickly as possible. It provides Volvo owners with peace of mind for up to 3 years from their new vehicle purchase. In addition, if you decide to sell your new Volvo before the warranty expires, the warranty follows the car and is transferred to the next owner, which we consider an important benefit in securing peace of mind for the subsequent owner.
Should any part of the vehicle require repair or replacement as a result of manufacturing defect, the part will be repaired or replaced free of charge by any Volvo dealer or workshop authorised by Volvo, regardless of any change of vehicle ownership during the period of warranty.
Note: Tyres are covered separately by the tyre manufacturer. Your dealer will, however, assist you with any tyre claim.
For 3 years and unlimited kilometers from the date the vehicle is first registered, any component failure attributable to faulty materials or workmanship during manufacture will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer.
For 3 years and unlimited kilometers from the date that the vehicle is first registered, any paintwork defects attributable to faulty materials or workmanship during manufacture will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer.
Effective 1st January 2020, for 8 years (or 160,000km) from the date that the vehicle is first registered, any material defect of the hybrid Lithium battery pack will be rectified free of charge by an authorised Volvo dealer. Loss of battery capacity due to or resulting from normal gradual capacity loss is not covered under the Volvo new car warranty.
The Lithium battery fitted to Volvo hybrids, like all lithium batteries, will experience gradual capacity loss with time and use. Loss of battery capacity due to or resulting from normal gradual capacity loss is not covered under the Volvo new car warranty.
The Volvo Warranty applies providing:
• That the vehicle is used according to specifications in the owner’s handbook
• That the prescribed maintenance services are carried out at the correct intervals
• That only genuine Volvo parts are used, and also that all repairs are carried out by a authorised Volvo dealer
• That the vehicle has not been modified from the manufacturer’s specifications
Use for hire or reward, competition or for driver training/instruction may void your Warranty.
WARRANTY ON VOLVO ACCESSORIES/PARTS
Any genuine Volvo accessory (excluding gift items) supplied and fitted by a Volvo dealer within 1 month or 1,500km (whichever occurs first) of the new vehicle being put into service will benefit from the same warranty terms and duration as the Vehicle Warranty. All genuine parts have a 2 year warranty from the date of purchase.
SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE ITEMS
Parts that will be replaced as part of the normal service schedule are covered for manufacturing defects. The period of cover will apply up to the part’s first scheduled service change point and not exceed the time and mileage limitation of the vehicle warranty. Items covered under this are: spark plugs, oil filters, air filters, pollen filters, fuel filters, drive belts and lubricants.
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The warranty does not cover items that are subject to adjustment or replacement during normal service or maintenance operations (unless the work is required as a direct result of manufacturing defect). This applies to the following items:
• Replacement or “top up” of consumable fluids, i.e. oils anti-freeze, brake fluid, windscreen wash solution and air conditioning refrigerant
• Wiper blades
• Oil filters, air filters, pollen filters and fuel filters
• All lightbulbs (interior and exterior)
• Drive belts – replacement or adjustment
• Wheel alignment/balancing
• Engine tuning (non-genuine)
• Spark plugs
• Brake pads/shoes/discs replacement due to wear Volvo is not responsible for any repair or replacement that is required as a direct result of:
• Normal wear and tear
• Failure to properly maintain the vehicle in accordance with Volvo’s maintenance schedules and service instructions
• Failure to use Volvo specified parts or fluids (or parts of equivalent quality)
• Damage resulting from neglect, accident or improper use
• Unauthorised modifications of the vehicle or parts (modifications outside of Volvo’s specifications)
• Refilling or topping up with incorrect fuel, e.g. petrol used instead of diesel
• Use of bio diesel or bio ethanol alternative fuels in concentrations that exceed 5%