Working at NewburyWorking at Newbury is all about bringing the Volvo promise to life. Volvo's corporate culture is characterised by energy in every situation, passion for success and respect for the individual. Based on these values and convictions the aim is to thoroughly integrate total quality in all that Volvo does. The basic principles governing the way of working are participation, involvement, customer focus, continuous improvement and constant feedback. The major challenge is to continue the process of setting the company apart from the competition so as to retain our existing customers and attract new ones in ever larger numbers.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Advisor to join our team at Fawcett’s Newbury.
About the role
- Create outstanding customer confidence in the service offered by Fawcett’s Newbury by ensuring a professional performance and exceptional commitment to customer care.
- Ensure the highest standard of courtesy and integrity when interacting with customers and members of the public.
- Receive customer enquiries by telephone and in person and successfully convert these into firm bookings.
- Maximise service sales and profitability by selling core, value added and incremental products.
- Record accurately vehicle information, refer to service histories and effectively follow-up and prospect customers to secure repeat and incremental business.
- Effectively operate the workshop loading system adding incremental work where adequate resources exist.
- Enhance the reputation of Fawcett’s Newbury at every opportunity when interacting with others.
- Facilitate the efficient operation of the workshop through the avoidance of non-revenue or diversionary activities, idle time and poor technician/ operative utilisation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and unambiguously with customers, members of the public and other staff members and record all such interaction accurately.
- Ability to access and pass information to other staff and to log onto paperwork and working documents.
- Ability to receive payment for work carried out, accurately, precisely and due diligence with regards to fraud, money laundering and unauthorised credit.
- Current knowledge of manufacturer’s warranty procedures and documentation.
- Current knowledge of Mechanical Breakdown Insurance company procedures and documentation.
- Ability to be calm and manage distressed and otherwise difficult customers in an effective manner.
- Ability to sell incremental products and assess further sales opportunities.
- Competent in numeracy and literacy.
Hours of work:
Mon – Fri: 8am – 6pm
Every other Saturday: 8am – 1pm
We select the very best applicants to join our business, and in return we will work with you to develop your career. We want you to shine – and we look forward to helping you do so.
If your application is successful, you will be enrolled on a personalised Volvo Cars induction programme, designed to give you all the skills and knowledge needed to deliver a premium experience to all our customers. This will be a blend of product, systems, and skills training including instructor led courses at Volvo Car UK’s Training and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, e-learning and self-study.
And it doesn’t stop there – you will have access to the Volvo Cars Performance Academy to keep your knowledge and skills in tip top condition throughout your career.