Privacy Notice – Customer Care
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you contact and engage with our customer care service (hereinafter “Customer Care Queries”).
You can find below:
1. Who we are
The legal entity responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to Customer Care is Volvo Car UK Limited (company registration no 11734379) a company registered in United Kingdom and with address Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead, United Kingdom, SL6 4FL a legal entity within the Volvo Car Group.
The legal entity responsible for the processing of Care by Volvo personal data in relation to Customer Care, is Care by Volvo Car UK Limited (company registration no 11734379) a company registered in United Kingdom and with address Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead, United Kingdom, SL6 4FL a legal entity within the Volvo Car Group.
Volvo Car UK Limited and Care by Volvo Car UK Limited are hereinafter referre to as “we”, “us” or “our”.
2. What personal data we collect and why
The Customer Care Query involves the processing of the following categories of personal data:
- In order to handle the matter of concern for which you contact us via the internet, app, call centre or other channel, we manage your query and provide you with relevant support. For example, we answer questions that are related to Volvo Cars´ products and services or handle complaints. For this purpose, we process your contact information, customer information, car-related information, case information, and, in case that you are inquiring about a Care by Volvo subscription, financial information related to your subscription. The legal basis of the data processing is our legitimate interest to handle your errand (Art. 6.1.f) GDPR).
- If you reach out to us, and have agreed to participate in a survey, we also process your data for the purpose of performing customer satisfaction surveys. The goal of this activity is to generate and analyse customer feedback related to our products, services, brand, and communications. For this, we process your first and last name, phone number, and your responses to our questions. The legal basis of the data processing is your consent (Art. 6.1.a) GDPR).
- If you are not yet a customer of Volvo Cars, we also process your personal data for the purpose of lead management, i.e., the handling of prospective customer´s interests. That means that we register you in our systems as a person interested in our products and/or services. For this purpose, we process your name, chosen contact method (phone, e-mail, or chat), contact information, recommended or preferred retailer, and particular interests with regards to our products and services. The legal basis of the data processing is our legitimate interest (Art. 6.1.f) GDPR).
3. How long we keep your data
The customer satisfaction survey responses data is be kept for 6 months. Call recordings are kept for a period of 6 months.
The data that is processed for case and lead management is kept for 7 years, in line with our regulatory and legal requirements should this data be needed in order to exercise or defend legal claims.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our processors supporting Customer Care Queries, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place.
5. Your rights in relation to the data processing we perform
You have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your data, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
6. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights, please use the applicable web form mentioned above. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us at the following contact details:
Volvo Car UK Ltd.
Postal address: Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead SL6 4FL, United Kingdom
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Care by Volvo Car UK Limited
Postal address: Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead SL6 4FL
E-mail address: email@example.com
7. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.