- The car's hazard warning flashers indicate locking by flashing and retracting the door mirrors.
Only for cars with retractable power door mirrors.
- The car's hazard warning flashers indicate unlocking by two flashes and extending the door mirrors
Only for cars with retractable power door mirrors..
All doors, the tailgate and the bonnet must be closed for the car to indicate that it is locked. If locking takes place with just the driver door closedNot applicable to with cars equipped with keyless locking/unlocking*., locking will take place but the lock indication with hazard warning flashers will only take place when all doors, the tailgate and the bonnet have been closed.
Lock and alarm indicator on the instrument panel
The lock and alarm indicator shows the status of the locking system:
- A long flash indicates locking.
- Short flashes indicate that the car is locked.
- Rapid flashes after disarming the alarm* indicate that the alarm has been triggered.
Indication in lock buttons
Lock buttons with indicator lamp in the front door.
An illuminated indicator lamp in the lock button of either front door indicates that all doors are locked. If any door is opened, the lamp will extinguish in both doors.
Lock button with indicator lamp in the rear door.
An illuminated indicator lamp in the lock button for one of the doors indicates that the door in question is locked. If any door is unlocked, its lamp will extinguish while the others will continue to illuminate.
The home safe lighting and approach light functions can also be activated when locking and unlocking.