Privacy Notice – Consumer surveys
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you engage with one of our consumer surveys (hereinafter “Consumer Survey”).
You can find below:
1. Who we are
The entity that is responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to the Consumer Surveys is Volvo Car de México, S.A. de C.V., having its registered office at Juan Salvador Agraz No. 73, Mezzanine, Colonia Santa Fe, C.P. 05348, Cuajimalpa de Morelos, Ciudad de México, México hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we collect and why
In order to send you a request for a Consumer Survey, we will process the following categories of data about you:
- Identifiers such as name, e-mail address , telephone number, salutation, age, gender, postal code, and city. We process this data in order to send the Consumer Survey and assess consumer performance by segmentation allowing us to improve the overall business operations and the consumer experience. The data is processed based on your consent and Art. 10 of the Mexican Personal Data Protection Federal Law (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares (“LFPDPPP”)) and is stored within Volvo Cars. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data for receiving the survey at any time, either by using the web form indicated under “Your rights” below or by clicking directly on the unsubscribe link in the survey send-out.
- Your Vehicle data such as vehicle type, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and registration number (REG). We process this data for field action and warranty performance, based on your consent and Art. 10 of the LFPDPPP.
- Contract type, subscription number, vehicle relationship (contract/sales type starting and end date). We process this data in order to send the Consumer Survey and assess consumer performance allowing us to improve the overall business operations and the consumer experience. The data is processed based on your consent and Art. 10 of the LFPDPPP.
- Opening/clickthrough rates. We process this data for statistical analysis and range measurement, and to understand the interests of our consumers. For this analysis, the e-mail invites contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which display single-pixel image files that are also embedded in our website. The data is processed based on your consent and Art. 10 of the LFPDPPP.
3. How long we keep your data
Your survey feedback responses will be kept up to five (5) years from the time you submit your response, after which time it will be anonymized.
In order to keep your responses secure, the invitation for feedback provides you with an individualised questionnaire that no other person can access. The survey web site and our data storage facilities have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Only certain employees have access to the personal information you provide us. They have access only for case handling, data analysis and quality control purposes.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our processors supporting delivering the Consumer Surveys, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place:
- Provision of Consumer Surveys.
- WhatsApp text Communication.
- Care Operations.
They are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place. In some of these situations the use of the processors involves limited transfers of personal data outside of Mexico. We have taken precautions that such transfers are limited to the minimum necessary, and only involve data that cannot directly identify you and thus poses a very low risk in case of unauthorised disclosure.
5. Your rights in relation to the data processing we perform
As data owner you have specific legal rights granted by the Mexican Personal Data Protection Federal Law (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares) relating to the personal data we obtain and process about you. These are briefly explained below, and you can exercise them by filling out the dedicated form indicated below.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where you have given consent for the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any moment with effect for the future. However, please note that in some cases your consent is not required and we may not immediately stop using the personal data, as we may require such to comply with legal obligations. Also, you shall consider that withdrawing your consent shall result in the impossibility of continuing to provide the services you required or even the termination of our legal relationship.
- ARCO Rights: You have the right to know what personal data we hold on you, for what purpose it is being used and under which conditions we use it (Access Right (Acceso)). Likewise, you have a right to request correction of your personal data should such be outdated, inexact or incomplete (Rectification Right (Rectificación)). You also have a right to request that we eliminate from our records and databases when not used in accordance with the principles, requirements and obligations set by the applicable regulations (Cancellation Right (Cancelación)). Finally, you have a right to oppose to the use of your personal data for specific purposes (Opposition Right (Oposición)). These four rights are also legally identified as the ARCO rights.
- Limit use or disclosure for marketing and advertisement: You may opt to limit use and disclosure of your personal data through one of the following methods: (i) register in the Public Registry to Avoid Marketing (Registro Público para Evitar Publicidad or REPEP) before the Consumer Protection Federal Agency (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor or PROFECO) to prevent your personal data being used for marketing and advertisement of services and products (more information available at: https://repep.profeco.gob.mx/); or (ii) contact us directly to opt out of Volvo’s own marketing and advertisement mailing lists.
The contact details of the Volvo Car Mexico department in charge of processing ARCO rights requests derived herefrom, are the following:
- Address: Salvador Agraz No. 73, Mezzanine, Colonia Santa Fe Cuajimalpa, C.P. 05348, Cuajimalpa de Morelos, Ciudad de México, México.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Contact information
In order to exercise your ARCO rights, please see section 5 above. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us at the following contact details:
Volvo Car de México, S.A. de C.V
Post address: Salvador Agraz No. 73, Mezzanine, Colonia Santa Fe Cuajimalpa, C.P. 05348, Cuajimalpa de Morelos, Ciudad de México, México.
E-mail address: email@example.com
7. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.