Privacy Notice – Consumer surveys
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you engage with one of our consumer surveys (hereinafter “Consumer Survey”).
You can find below:
1. Who we are
The entity that is responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to the Customer Surveys is Volvo Car Australia Pty Ltd, having its registered office at 65 Epping Road , North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we collect and why
The Consumer Survey involves the processing of the following categories of personal data:
- Identifiers such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, salutation, age, gender, postal code and city.
- Technical data about your vehicle, such as vehicle type, the vehicle identification number (VIN), an registration number (REG).
- Survey interaction data such as opening and clickthrough rates.
3. How long we keep your data
Your survey feedback responses will be kept up to five (5) years from the time you submit your response, after which time it will be anonymized.
In order to keep your responses secure, the invitation for feedback provides you with an individualised questionnaire that no other person can access. The survey web site and our data storage facilities have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Only certain employees have access to the personal information you provide us. They have access only for case handling, data analysis and quality control purposes.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our processors supporting delivering the Consumer Surveys, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place:
- Provision of Consumer Surveys.
Your personal data will be disclosed to and processed by your selected retailer (if applicable) and companies within the same group of companies as VCC. We have contractual protections in place when sharing your information with our related corporate bodies.
5. Your rights under Australian law
When you provide your information to Volvo Cars to create your Volvo ID, that information may be shared with Volvo Car Australia Pty Ltd and other partners who comply with Australian law in relation to your personal information, and have in place written agreements with Volvo Cars governing their use of your information.
6. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.