Privacy Notice – Customer Care
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you contact and engage with our Customer Relations Centre (hereinafter “Customer Queries”).
You can find below:
1. Who we are
The entity responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to Customer Queries is Volvo Car Australia Pty Ltd, having its registered office at 65 Epping Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we process and why
Customer Queries involves the processing of the following categories of personal data:
- In order to handle the matter of concern for which you contact us via the internet, app, call center or other channel, we manage your query and provide you with relevant support. For example, we answer questions that are related to Volvo Cars´ products and services or handle complaints. For this purpose, we process your contact information, customer information, car-related information and case information. By providing us with the required information you consent to us using it for these purposes. If you do not consent to provide us with the required information we may not be able to provide the service.
- If you reach out to us, and have agreed to participate in a survey, we also process your data for the purpose of performing customer satisfaction surveys. The goal of this activity is to generate and analyze customer feedback related to our products, services, brand, and communciations. For this, we process your first and last name, phone number, and your responses to our questions.
- If you are not yet a customer of Volvo Cars, we also process the personal data you provide to us for the purpose of lead management, i.e., the handling of prospective customer´s interests. That means that we register you in our systems as a person interested in our products and/or services. For this purpose, we process your name, chosen contact method (phone, e-mail, or chat), contact information, recommended or preferred retailer, and particular interests with regards to our products and services.
3. How long we keep your data
The data that is processed for lead management is kept for 12 months.
As case-related data may be needed in order to exercise or defend legal claims, we keep such data for the expected life of the vehicle and the lilekly period for a claim.
The customer satisfaction survey responses personal data is kept for 6 months.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our processors supporting Customer Care Queries, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place. This may include sharing your data offshore in Germany, USA, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
5. Your rights under Australian law
6. How to contact us
Volvo Car Australia
Postal address: Volvo Car Australia Pty Ltd, 65 Epping Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.