Am I eligible to join the Motability Scheme?
The Motability Scheme provides worry-free mobility to disabled people as it enables them to exchange their mobility allowance to lease a new car. You are eligible to join if you are in receipt of one of the following allowances and have at least 12months’ award length remaining:
• Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
o As of 10 April 2017 this allowance is £58.00 per week
• Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
o As of 12 April 2017 this allowance is £58.00 per week
• Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
o As of 12 April 2017 the mobility element of this allowance is £58.00 per week
• War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
o As of 12 April 2017 this allowance is £64.80 per week
What does the Motability package include?
When you lease a car through the Motability Scheme the following is always included in the price:
• Car insurance, servicing and maintenance
• Full breakdown cover
• Replacement tyres
• Windscreen repair or replacement
• 60,000 mile allowance across the 3 year period
• Certain adaptations at no extra cost
• Up to two named drivers
How does the Motability Scheme work?
• Click on the video below to see a short film explaining the scheme: