Privacy Notice – Customer Care
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you contact and engage with our customer care service (hereinafter “Customer Care Queries”).
You can find below:
1. Who we are
The entity responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to Customer Care is Volvo Car Austria GmbH, Trabrennstraße 2 B / 5. OG, A-1020 Wien, Austria, ATU46478306, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we process and why
The Customer Care Query involves the processing of the following categories of personal data:
- In order to handle the matter of concern for which you contact us via the internet, app, call center or other internal channels, web based chat platforms (including social media), we manage your query and provide you with relevant support. For example, we answer questions that are related to Volvo Cars´ products and services or handle complaints. For this purpose, we process your contact information, customer information, car-related information, case information, and, in case that you are inquiring about a Care by Volvo subscription, financial information related to your subscription. The legal basis of the data processing is our legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR).
- If you reach out to us, and have agreed to participate in a survey, we also process your data for the purpose of performing customer satisfaction surveys. The goal of this activity is to generate and analyze consumer feedback related to our products, services, brand, and communications. For this, we process your first and last name, phone number, and your responses to our questions. The legal basis of the data processing is your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR).
- If you are not yet a customer of Volvo Cars, we also process your personal data for the purpose of lead management, i.e., the handling of prospective customer´s interests. That means that we register you in our systems as a person interested in our products and/or services. For this purpose, we process your name, chosen contact method (phone, e-mail, or chat), contact information, recommended or preferred retailer, and particular interests with regards to our products and services. The legal basis of the data processing is our legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR).
- If you are an existing customer, in order to enable early detection of customer issues we process customer care case data, related to car or service issues that your reported to us (like time, place and details of problems occurred, information/data of the customers car, app version, VIN number etc.). The legal basis of the data processing is our legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR).
3. How long we keep your data
The data that is processed for case and lead management is kept for 12 months. The customer satisfaction survey responses data is be kept for 6 months. Data processed for warranty claims is kept for 3 years. For early issue detection data will be kept for 12 months after extraction, and the data processed when you chat with us on our volvocars.com sites is stored for 12 months.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Volvo Car Corporation (and their subcontractors) for the maintenance of the website and the data hosting
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our processors supporting Customer Care Queries, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place.
We have entered into data processing agreement with each processor who is limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us. Each processor has an obligation to keep the information confidential and only process the personal data in compliance with the data processing agreement in place.
Your personal data may be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area. If so, such transfer will be based on the standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission. The general text of the standard contractual clauses used can be found in various languages on the homepage of the EU Commission.
Please contact us (in accordance with section six below) if you have any questions in relation to the transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
In addition, we may share your personal data with the Volvo Partner of your choice in order to answer your request or follow up on it.
5. Your rights in relation to the data processing we perform
You have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your data, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
6. How to contact us
In order to exercise your rights, please use the applicable web form mentioned above. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us at the following contact details:
Volvo Car Corporation
Postal address: Volvo Car Corporation, Assar Gabrielssons Väg, SE-405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden
E-mail address: email@example.com
7. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.