Investing in the communities where we live and work.
These leaders have been volunteering their time and expertise to serve on Volvo Cars’ Community Advisory Group. They are our eyes, ears, and voices across our local neighborhoods. They are helping us to share key plant updates, hiring/workforce information, and they stay apprised of all safety and environmental items related to our site.
Additionally, they are shaping the way we invest in the communities where we live and work. With their recommendation, Volvo Cars has partnered with the Coastal Community Foundation to help us in that endeavor.
We invite non-profit organizations who share Volvo Cars’ values of safety, quality, education and protecting the environment, to share their goals and apply for funding from the Volvo Cars Community Investment Grant program.
The Volvo Cars Community Investment Grant Program is led by members of our Community Advisory Group who will accept and review funding proposals from qualified organizations. Based on these submitted applications, these leaders will recommend funding groups that match the priorities of the surrounding region. Financial backing will be provided by Volvo Cars and administered by the Coastal Community Foundation.
Eligibility and schedule
• Primarily serves people who live within 40 miles of Volvo’s South Carolina plant (Berkeley, Dorchester and Charleston counties); however, within South Carolina is a must
• Recognized by the IRS as a non-profit with a 501 (c)(3) public charity designation
• Not a political or lobbying organization
• Do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, sexual orientation, national/ethnic origin or disability
Schedule for 2020:
• First round of applications will be accepted through March 6, 2020, 5 pm ET; grants are slated to be awarded in May.
• Second round of applications will be accepted through September 4, 2020, 5 pm ET; grants are slated to be awarded in November.