Information Notice – Participation in activity with Volvo Cars Brand Experience
Who are we?
We at Volvo Car Corporation (a Swedish legal entity with registration number 556074-3089 and address 405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden) are responsible for the processing of your personal data as described below.
Why do we process your personal data?
The purpose is to be able to manage your booking, participation and follow up of your activity with Volvo Cars Brand Experience to make it as rewarding and satisfactory as possible.
With what right do we process your personal data?
The legal basis for our processing is to perform the contract for your activity.
What personal data are we using?
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Email address
- Phone number
Who else is receiving your personal data?
When you submit a booking request at our homepage, we make the actual booking in our internal booking system and by that share your personal data with our supplier of the system ExBook (Premium Systems AB, Flöjelbergsgatan 20C, 431 37 Mölndal, Sweden). You can read more about their privacy on https://www.premium.se/integritetspolicy/
When you book online, we share your personal data with the controller of the online booking system Regiondo (Regiondo GmbH, Neumarkter Strasse 63, 81673 Munich, Germany). You can read more about their privacy on https://autostadt.regiondo.com/privacy-policy
When you pay online, your payment information is managed by a subcontracted supplier to Regiondo GmbH (Stripe, 510 Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA). You can read more about their privacy on https://stripe.com/en-se/privacy
We also share your personal data with other companies that are members of our group where they provide products and services to us, such as information technology systems.
We might also disclose your personal data to other third parties in the following eventualities:
- where it is in our legitimate interests to do so to run, grow and develop our business, meaning:
o if we sell any part of the business connected to our marketing activity, we will disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer;
o if the company or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data held will be transferred along with the assets it relates to;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity;
- to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or any other agreement or to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent any illegal activity
How do we protect your personal data?
When we need to share your data as described, we have contracts in place to ensure that all our business partners treat your data in a safe way. We will never share, sell or rent any of your personal data to any third party.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be stored in ExBook for up to twelve (12) months following your visit or participation. We will erase your data 12 months after your participation unless you specifically require withdrawal earlier than this. Regiondo GmbH who is controller of the online booking and payment transactions will store your personal data according to their information in https://autostadt.regiondo.com/privacy-policy
What rights do you have regarding your personal data?
You have specific legal rights relating to the personal data we collect from you. If you wish to submit a request relating to any of your rights you have regarding your personal data, please visit https://www.volvocars.com/intl/subject-rights-request and fill in the web form.
Right to withdraw consent: Where you have given us consent to handle your data, you may at any time withdraw your consent for further processing.
Right of access: You may ask from us information regarding personal data that we hold about you, including the right to request a copy of the personal data.
Right to rectification: If you suspect that, the personal data handled by Volvo Cars is incomplete or inaccurate you have the right to request for correction of your personal data.
Right to restriction: You may obtain from us restriction of processing of your personal data, if:
- you contest the accuracy of your personal data for the period we need to verify the accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful, and you request the restriction of processing rather than erasure of your personal data;
- we do no longer need your personal data, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- you object to the processing while we verify whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete the personal data we process about you. We must comply with this request if we process your personal data, unless the data is necessary:
- for providing a service you have requested or implementing or responding to another request you made;
- for exercising our right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation that binds us;
- for archiving purposes, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
The purpose is to be able to manage your booking, participation and follow up of your activity with Volvo Cars Brand Experience.
Right to data portability: When we handle your data under your consent or under a contract with you. You can request your right to data portability and you will be given a copy of your data in machine-readable format, e g CSV-file.
Right to object: You may object – at any time – to the processing of your personal data, provided that the processing is not based on your consent but on our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
Right to lodge a complaint: If you are not satisfied with Volvo Cars’ processing of your personal data, you are welcome to file a complaint with Volvo Cars Data Protection Organization. This is done via the web form mentioned above.
If you are not satisfied with the result, you can lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority:
- at your habitual residence in the EEA.
- at the place of your work in the EEA.
- at the place of the alleged infringement in the EEA.
The Supervisory Authority for Volvo Car Corporation in Sweden is Datainspektionen (The Swedish Data Protection Authority), Box 8114, 104 20 Stockholm, Sweden.
Do you want more information?
For more information on your rights in relation to our processing of your personal data and contact details for further information and complaints as well as contact details to our Data Protection Officer, please visit https://www.volvocars.com/intl/v/legal/privacy.